Tips for Parents to Help Your Child Prepare for State Testing
- Communicate with your child's teacher
- Offer positive reinforcement
- Give your child a study space
Make sure your child gets an ample, normal amount of sleep the night before the test
- Remind your child when testing will take place
- Be aware of the test time limits.
- Keep track of how much time you have remaining.
- Try not to spend too much time on items you are unsure of, as you can always come back to them once you have completed items you do know.
- Answer ALL questions.
- Ensure your child eats a nutritious breakfast
- Make sure the student is on time on the day of testing
- Keep a positive attitude about testing and emphasize their ability to demonstrate what they have learned
- Use positive language when discussing expectations of the test
- Use all of the time allotted to you. If you have extra time check you answers and try reworking the questions.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Read the test directions and questions very carefully.
- Always expect excellence.